Wednesday, September 30, 2015

As The Day Came Out Of The Night












A blanket of leaves had covered the ground,
As the day came out of the night,
While I wandered beneath the endless gold leaves,
And my soul sought the source of the Light,
My paper and pen tucked safely away,
For my heart not my pen would now write.

Of the magic of Fall, and the majestic gold trees,
As the day came out of the night,
And the song that was sung by all who walked here,
To the creatures who sat out of site.
And a story that told of this kingdom of gold,
As the day came out of the night.

So I sat on a bench, my coffee in hand,
Then I put pen to paper to write,
Of the magic of Fall, that cast away all,
The troubles of those who’d answer the call,
As the day came out of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment